Monday, April 16, 2007

New Kind of Soup; Partitioned Can Attached to Package

I am a single guy who sometimes eats a lot of canned soup. Lately, however, I have been substituting a dish from my childhood---Kraft macaroni and cheese, with the addition of tuna (the tuna trick taught to me by a lovely lady I knew years ago).

I make it with butter instead of margarine, and I have found it helps to slice up the butter into thin pats before mixing it in with the macaroni. It all amounts to a little preparation before eating, which small level of work I enjoy.

But I have come to notice something else. I like this food, in part, because it tastes "fresher" than canned soup. This got me thinking. Having the ingredients of soup sit together in a can over time apparently makes the soup taste less fresh. Why not partition the can into sections, each section with different ingredients? The internal partitions would not need to be strong like the outside package. Instead of metal, the internal partition could be made of plastic bonded to metal. The user would simply pour the soup out into a saucepan, allowing it to mix. A disc-shaped plastic container could be attached to the top of the can for dried ingredients, also to be added. This would taste significantly better than ordinary canned soup, I am sure.

No comments: